I kindly thank Menu Musings of a Modern American Mom for her creativity with this and now it’s something I can create and share on my own. You ever had that recipe that people ask you about and you wish you could say you made it up? This would totally meet that criteria. I made these ahead of time and sprinkled cheese on them when they were ready to go in the oven.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Zucchini-I made 10 halves from 5 zucchini’s
5-6 pieces of bacon cooked and cut up
1 small onion chopped
2 tbsp butter
Cherry tomatoes (cut and seed-I cut and rinsed them out)
2 tbsp sour cream
1/2 tsp salt
Parsley to taste
1/2 tsp curry powder
Fresh Parmesan cheese
Cracked black pepper to taste
*Half or quarter recipe if you are making less zucchini. For example if you are halving three zucchini use a half of an onion half the bacon, 1 tbsp of sour cream and butter and 1/4 curry .
***Before you start cook your bacon
1. Cut your zucchini in half and scoop out the flesh with a melon baller or spoon. Spoon works fine.
2. Cut up the flesh and mix it with the sour cream
3. Chop your onion and throw it in a pan with the butter on medium heat until it softens. Add bacon, curry powder and salt and pepper and stir until coated well. It will start to smell yummy!
4. Add the bacon and onion mix to the zucchini flesh and mix it all up with some parsley. I added some minced garlic too.
I would have added some chopped mushrooms but I was doing this for a crowd and wasn’t sure if everyone liked mushrooms.
5. Refill the zucchini boats and sprinkle with some black pepper. Then add Parmesan cheese and bake for 25-30 mins.
For a Meal you can add some chicken pieces in it too or crab meat.
I might do a tut for the crab meat mix. Stay tuned!
You might also like Skinny Taste: Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Zucchini This girl has AH-mazing recipes for those who want to keep things a little more healthier.