Ran out of laundry detergent? Tired of paying high dollars for your laundry detergent? Well look no more. Here is a solution that is under twenty dollars and will last for 6 months to a year depending on how much laundry you do and your batch of course. Low foaming, perfect for he washers and gets the job done! My total cost was 12.00 for all my ingredients minus the baking soda. My Laundry came out lighter in feel than usual. My clothes were so fluffy and smelled like absolutely nothing but heat. (because I didn’t add fabric softner the first time so that I could tell the difference) That armpit musk that lingers even after your clothes are washed..GONE!
One 4 lb 12 oz box Borax
One 4 lb box Arm & Hammer Baking Soda
One 3 pound box Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda
One 3 pound box of Oxi Clean
One bar of fels naptha or zote laundry bar (I plan to add zote as well)
** All of these products can be found at your local grocery store or Wal-Mart.
*Some people have used an extra pot for mixing but my glass jar was big enough to allow room for mixing. It was 9.99 at my local Wal-Mart
1. Pour the borax, washing soda, baking soda and oxi clean into your pot or container. This is perfect for kids to help with. I let my kids pour and mix the ingredients. one caution though; when pouring, the powder does create a dust. I had some mask laying around the house so I let them put them on and they got to work.
2. Grate your fels naptha with a regular cheese grater or pour powder and laundry bar into a food processor and grate.
I liked hand grating better. It took me less than 3 minutes to grate the full bar.
3. Next mix all the ingredients with a spoon or your hand. I just put on some cleaning gloves and mixed with my hand. It was faster and easier.
Then you are done and ready to do some Laundry!!!!
I colored an index card and taped it to the jar for the sign. The little jar of oxi clean that I bought came with a scooper that measured 2 table spoons. You should only need 1 tablespoon per load but I like to over indulge. LOL!
Here are some facts for those with he loaders:
** I did research and found that all ingredients are fine with he washers.
– at the bottom of the page there is a seal
– under regular wash there is specifics on using this ingredient on he washers
One Good Thing by Jillee is a great blog to find more laundry do it yourself things for homemade oxi clean click here